BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Relying on God’s strength

    Have you ever faced spiritual warfare?  It can really take a toll on a person physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  I too, have faced it, and I don’t think I am finished.  People can be so cruel, but it’s all a learning process.  I would wake up thinking about the situation and go to bed thinking about the situation.  One day I said to myself, “Lord I want the victory, and the only way I will have it, is if I humble myself just as You did.”  Once I did that, not only did I walk away from the situation(s) with the victory, but it was as if I had lifted a heavy weight off of my shoulder.  Your “enemies” know you have weaknesses, so they’re looking for the first little sign of fear.  Once you doubt the Lord’s strength in your life, then the pressure is really on. (Like Donkey Kong)…LOL.  The enemy will start harassing you by saying, “He’s not going to protect you. You’re on your own!”  Abstaining from that kind of mindset and leaning on God’s strength is the way too go.  
    At this point in my life, I felt alone as if I didn’t have anyone but the Lord.  I didn’t know who my friends were because they seem to change every week.  God has shown me that I absolutely, helplessly need to be dependant upon Him, and there wasn’t anything I could do but rely on His strength.  David said in Psalm 28:7, The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.”  The important thing in spiritual warfare is recognizing the battle.  A question to ask yourself is, “Am I going to be glorified in this-or will all glory go to God?  “Winning” doesn’t necessarily mean running someone away.  Rather, it’s enduring and continuing on without defending yourself, blasting someone else, or seeking vengeance. I know it's hard!  Our Father is so sovereign, not because of our strength, our wisdom or our experience(s).  But He has everything in perfect control. 

0 comments: