BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 30, 2010

God is our Comforter

    God healing your hurts is one of the key components to experiencing His love, "I would comfort myself in sorrow; my heart is faint in me" (Jeremiah 8:18).
    Have you ever lost a loved one?  Where did you look for comfort?  I hope you did not rely on human remedies, you know how their effectiveness diminishes over time.  Some try food, alcohol, drugs, or escape into fantasy-anything to attempt to outrun the pain.  After the glow wears off and the dream ends, the ache remains.  I remember the week my mother passed, she told me herself, "Krissy I love but I can't take this pain anymore."  I did not know what she was saying. I simply stated, “the doctors will give you some medicine and then we are going to go home.” Three days later it hit me; my mother is ready to be with the Lord. There is nothing I can do, but say thank you Lord. The trial was hard for my brother and me.  All the things my mother instilled in me were not about to become trash.  The very next day after my mother's funeral I went to church, everyone thought I was crazy. I could feel the eyes and whispers. The first place Satan will tell you not go is to church, especially after a circumstance has taken place.  Please go, there is always a word. 
    There is no such thing as life without pain and trial, and therefore no such thing as a person without need of comfort.  Don't let anyone deceive you into thinking that the key to leading a joy filled Christian life is avoiding pain; that simply is not possible in this sinful world, and neither is it profitable for us.  God could choose to insulate us from hurt, but instead He allows us to experience the tough times that draw us closer to Him.
    Out of pain comes a need for God.  As he ministers to me and you accept it with thanksgiving and a desire to learn, then you can become equipped to minster to those He places within your reach, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God" (2 Corinthians 1:3, 4).  Hurting individuals know there is no substitute for experience.  However, you can reach for God's comfort right NOW!  I asked Him to give me solace- and find myself wrapped in the love that will not let me go.

0 comments: