BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 1, 2010

One IS The Loneliest Number

    How can one feel lonely when there are a billion people on earth?  Yet, many do. Are you one?  People pull away from indviduals for various numbers of reasons.  Maybe you have hurt me and I pulled away from you because my emotions felt as if they have been run over by a bulldozer.  Some say “stick and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.”  I have news for you, words DO hurt.  One may have been hurt emotionally or socially, it seems safer to get away.  In fact, I for one, have been hurt by family and friends.  It got to the point where I am learning to be alone now.  It doesn’t mean that I don’t love them or don’t want to be around them, I just speak and say less.
    You know by now I love the book of Psalms.  David knew about discouragement.  He felt secluded, reclusive, and lost.  But he knew he couldn’t pull himself back together, so he asked God to lead him to a place of safety-“to the rock.” Psalm 61:2 says, From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”  It was impossible for David to make it alone; he knew that God would hear him. Not only that, but, David remembered God’s strength-NOT HIS OWN-would get him through these tough times.  The same goes for you and I.  When you feel lonely or overwhelmed, call on God to help you.  I’ve done it lots of times.  Tell Him whatever is on your mind.  Let him pull you back together.   
    Pray about it                                                                 
Lord, help me remember that you are the source of my security and strength during the times I’m lonely and discouraged.  Thank you for never leaving me all alone.
         

0 comments: