BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, October 8, 2010

Girls of 6A @ DBU

Me, Alexia, and Ore

At first when I realized I had to room with five other girls, I was blown away.  Having one roommate was enough.  The great thing about all of my roommates is that we all love God, and that is important.  The roommate that I share a room with is Ore, we have a blast.  When I decided to move in I realized she didn’t have a television, and neither did I.  We both then came to the conclusion that our father’s thought it would be best for us not to have one, and to focus on our school work.  Thank God for YouTube..:)  So when my dad calls the apartment phone, it would be great if my roommate would say, “she is studying. Instead of she’s at the gym.” Just kidding!!  Loool… Being in college has it’s pro’s and con’s.

I had to really ask God to help me because living on a college campus was something I never wanted to do.  I heard someone say if you ever want to make God laugh; tell Him your plans.  He has the authority to change your life. Like it or not you have to deal with it.  I had my life mapped out; I told the Lord what I was going to do and how I was going to do it. RIGHT!  He took that map and trashed it, every plan on the map was destroyed! The good thing is the experience.  I use to go to bed early, but not anymore. Also, I didn’t know that I wake up in the middle of the night and ask my roommate is she okay. Loool…She says I sleep talk, but just because I don’t remember what I said that night, doesn’t mean that I sleep talk. Or does it?  It is good to learn about her culture, she is from Nigeria and so I’ve heard a lot of great things. Also she knows about my life and how I grew up. All I can say is college are the best years of a student’s life so we should make best of them.  


Ruth, Rachel, Ore, Me, Akevia,&Alexia

0 comments: